Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Defense rubric


My Name: Dannaie


Defender: Ashley        Song: Drops of Jupiter                       Artist: Train

Persuasion
EXAMPLE
LIMITED
POTENT
EXEMPLARY
  
ETHOS
Pretty good pretty good, love this song, love this band, awesome all around.
  
1
  
2

3

PATHOS
You need to explain to me in a sense that makes ME feel emotional, not to explain how they make it emotions.

1
  
2
  
3


LOGOS
No song truly needs logic, but very nice.





1

  
2


3
Feedback
Need to convince the song, not explain it.

TOTAL
6/9

Defender: Doug          Song: American Pie               Artist: Don Mclean

Persuasion
EXAMPLE
LIMITED
POTENT
EXEMPLARY

ETHOS
Good facts and nice presentation.



  
1
  
2
  
3
  
PATHOS
I like how you bring your childhood into the discussion to represent emotion.

  
1

2

3

LOGOS
The background information and facts behind the song was good.


1

2

3
Feedback
Overall nice job.

TOTAL
9 /9


Defender: Seth            Song: Valley of the kings      Artist: Gamma ray

Persuasion
EXAMPLE
LIMITED
POTENT
EXEMPLARY
  
ETHOS
Good defense on the song.



  
1
   
2
  
3

PATHOS
I liked how you linked your novel writing with the song and that this song inspires you.


  
1

2


3


LOGOS
German band that sings in English, I learned a lot.




1


2




 3
Feedback
I liked the emotional connection along with the facts about the song. It was cool that you merged it all into one.

TOTAL
9 /9


Defender: Jamie          Song: Never grow up             Artist: Taylor Swift

Persuasion
EXAMPLE
LIMITED
POTENT
EXEMPLARY

ETHOS
Personal connection, family

      1

     2

3


PATHOS
Relatable to everyone





1


2


3

LOGOS
Chart position




1

2

3
Feedback
Good song, nice relevance

TOTAL
7/9

Defender: Zack sicard            Song: Crash into me  Artist: Dave Matthews

Persuasion
EXAMPLE
LIMITED
POTENT
EXEMPLARY
  
ETHOS
Good communication



1
  
2

3
  
PATHOS
Good personal connection and relationship connection


1
  
2

3

LOGOS
Nice facts about the artist



1
  
2
  
3
Feedback
Good information and nice job relating it to real life situations

TOTAL
9/9


Defender: Bobby        Song: Lose yourself               Artist: Eminem

Persuasion
EXAMPLE
LIMITED
POTENT
EXEMPLARY

ETHOS
Good relating to it



1

2

3


PATHOS
It’s nice to know it helped you through  a tough time




1


2


3

LOGOS
Chart position



1

2

3
Feedback
I like the song and the fact you used this song to put to modern day times

TOTAL
8/9


Defender: Taylor         Song: Sweet Caroline                        Artist:

Persuasion
EXAMPLE
LIMITED
POTENT
EXEMPLARY


ETHOS
Nice facts and how it’s symbolic





1


2


3

PATHOS
 Not a lot of pathos


  
1
  
2
  
3

LOGOS
Good relevance



1

2

3
Feedback
I liked finding out something new about a song that I’ve heard a hundred times, nice job.

TOTAL
7/9



Defender: Ashely          Song: Big Yellow Taxi             Artist:

Persuasion
EXAMPLE
LIMITED
POTENT
EXEMPLARY
  
ETHOS
 Good ethos



1
  
2

3

PATHOS
 Nice pathos



1

2

3

LOGOS
 I heard the other band singing that, not this artist




1

2

3
Feedback
 Nice song and good explanation of the song, good job

TOTAL
9/9


No comments:

Post a Comment