The ship turned eastward as I directed, after picking up the last of the prisoners, we were ready for the voyage. After being the captain of this ship for 5 years I knew how this worked; you pick up the convicts and they are assigned a chamber. No prisoners see each other except for filing on board, after that it's all in their jailers hands. I'm in charge of giving the orders of actions assigned to each cell holder, but I knew what they were. Torture chambers. The hostages were the survivors that remained after each city was invaded. That's how I got involved with the ship, but I wasn't viewed as a victim, I'm a leader.
Returning to my throne, I lit a cigarette to smell the scent of smoke instead of the lingering stench of burning villages. Instead of listening to the sounds of the ship creaking as we sailed, and the screams of those in the chambers, I motioned for the prisoner at my behest to play music for me to drown out the surroundings. As one of them started to play the African drums, I closed my eyes to let my mind wander, occasionally taking a drag of my cigarette. This vision of me being taken out of a chamber for torture overtook me. I was suddenly completely consumed and utterly entranced in my sight. What I saw was the haunting vision of me going to a room with multiple items strewn throughout. I recoiled at seeing myself in the mirror, touching my reflection to see if this was true. As I touched it, I crawled into the space of a coffee table with no glass interior, trying to jolt myself of this nightmare, I tried to wake myself. Eventually, I came back to reality and saw my cigarette was burned to the filter. Having no desire to be there, I got up to leave while passing by the twin men who told me my future. They always sat opposite to each other so their intuitions didn't mingle. I left to go to my room and lay down, suddenly being very light headed and extremely tired. As soon as I laid down, my sight went black and I opened my eyes in time to see myself being taken to a chamber where women formerly accused of black magic were taken to the stake and burned. You would only be burned partially so to be "taught a lesson to never do it again." As I made my way to the chamber, I tried to jolt myself awake again, but it didn't work, instead I was chained to the stake and watched as my surroundings caught fire. The smoke was so overpowering that I eventually fell unconscious. I awoke to the sound of men running to a chamber where a woman was being treated from fume exhaustion. There was a whole section of chambers involving fumes and chemicals, sometimes carbon monoxide, maybe ammonia fumes, sometimes when left unattended, people are overdone with the chemicals and pass out. I dismissed it and went to my throne, settling down to await the days events. Nodding off, I suddenly was almost blind, my eyesight was blurred and sharp at the same time. I heard voices and saw movements even though it was just me and my guards. I had to be locked up since my black magic backfired and caused me eternal sight, or clairvoyance. I saw and heard things that weren't really there, and had to suffer. Sitting in my cage, I had an overwhelming wave of anxiety take over me and suddenly wanted to tear out of my body to get away from the pain. I collapsed from trauma and awoke in my seat.
I had the same sense of anxiety pass over me in my waking life, now being distressed over which life was reality or dream. I tried to make sense of it all, trying to decipher the meanings. I got up to take a walk around the halls when suddenly, I was being grabbed and taken to the chambers. I started screaming 'let go of me" but none of them obeyed my commands. I suddenly wasn't myself and opened my eyes to the fact my limbs were (excluding my head) inside the walls while feeling things crawling on me. They were spiders, poisonous and with enormous fangs. Trying to escape was failing at every attempt, and eventually I scared one the creatures so much it bit me. My head was spinning and I fell unconscious, but this time when I woke up, I wasn't myself, I was the prisoner I've been dreaming about, but instead of being in my chamber, I was in a, what seemed to be, evaluation room for psychotic patients,
A woman dressed in all white came in to give me my examination results. "It seems as though the medication I gave you is starting to wear off, and your progression is retreating." I looked at her confused. "You are fully delusional, schizophrenic, and have a severe case of multiple personality disorder. For the past 5 years, the imaginary place you lived in has taken over. You've convinced yourself that you were a captain to a ship taking prisoners. The story, and events that occurred, worry me, and you've fallen under almost complete delusion about 2 days ago. It seems you've written about your daily activities as torture treatments. What I'm trying to say is I'm afraid that we have no choice but to put you in solitary confinement " The last word I heard before leaving the room permanently was "disturbia" which is the state of mind I'm in. Now I will live in my "dream world" forever according to my examiner.
No comments:
Post a Comment